Quickreport Professional Version 5
QR5 is compatible with QR4 report designs, and existing applications will run without changes. Most of the visible changes affect previewing and exporting reports, with a few new options for band behaviour. Several new controls are introduced, including three that support double-byte characters.
Quickreport Professional Version 5 Features
Include more defensive handling of network printers, and less interaction with printers and miscellaneous memory leak and logic fixes.
- Events to control and customise standard preview.
- Allow printing straight from the printer-setup button
- Option to set the default extension in preview. For instance PDF instead of QRP.
- Copy to clipboard' button on standard preview form.
- New property for printables - 'ExportAs' = ( etNumeric, etText, etFormula, etLabel ) for XL.
- It is possible to limit the number of pages in the preview, and a 'Cancel' button is added to the standard preview.
- Background colour for report.
- Childbands can print before, after or before and after their parent.
Alternative report viewer
Based on XML format, the new previewer has better rendering and search facilites, and supports drill-down and mouse events.
- Sub-report control, displays a report within a report.
- Wild band. Print anytime you want.
- Controls with double-byte support, QRMBLabel, QRMBMemo and QRMBDbText.
- FrameLines control - extends vertical lines over page breaks.
- TQRShape has 2 new shapes, left and right diagonal lines.
The following controls from the QR PowerPack set are now included
Report element components:
- TQRPBand, TQRPChildBand: printing of this bands can be suppressed depending on a QuickReport expression
- TQRPLabel can print rotated text
- TQRPDBText can suppress printing of repeated values or of numerical fields with a value of zero
- TQRPExpr can print rotated expressions
- TQRPShape adds diagonal lines and triangles to QuickReport's TQRShape
- TQRPDBImage can print external image files whose file names are stored in a data field
- TQRPMemo allows embedding expressions in the memo text and individually suppressing blank lines
- TQRPRichtext allows embedding expressions in the RTF and individually suppressing blank lines
- TQRPGrid prints various styles of grids
- TQRPCheckbox prints various styles of checkboxes (even with custom bitmaps)
- TQRPExprCheckbox can print data aware TQRPCheckboxes
- TQRGridReport automatically creates a QuickReport form to print the content of a DBGrid as it is shown on the screen
- TQRStringgridReport automatically creates a QuickReport form to print the content of a TStringgrid as it is shown on the screen
New functions for QuickReport's expression evaluator:
- Abs returns the absolute value of the argument.
- CalcDate can be used to add or subtract days, months or years to or from a date
- CalcTime can be used to add or subtract hours, minutes or seconds to or from a given time
- Chr converts an ordinal (ASCII-) value to a character
- ColumnNo returns the current report column
- Currency gets the currency string according to Windows' country settings
- DayOfWeek returns the day of week for a given date
- DayString returns the name of a day according to Windows' current country settings
- DetailCount returns the number of detail records
- DetailNo gets the current record number
- ExtractDay returns only the day from a given date
- ExtractMonth returns only the month from a given date
- ExtractYear returns only the year from a given date
- FieldLen returns the size of a data field
- GetCaption gets the caption from another report component, e.g. the result of other TQRExpr components
- IsNull checks if a data field has been assigned a value; works with memo and blob fields
- MonthString returns the name of a month according to Windows' current country settings
- PadLeft fills up a string with spaces from the left
- PadRight fills up a string with spaces from the right
- QueryParam gets the value of a TQuery parameter
- ReadINI reads strings from any INI file
- ReadRegistry reads strings from the registry
- RecordCount gets the record number from a dataset
- ReformatDate formats a given date with Delphi's FormatDateTime function
- StrToNum converts a string to a number
- Trim removes leading and trailing blanks from a string
QRDesign, the end user report design component previously published by Timo Hartmann Software, is included with each full and upgrade copy of QR5.